Sunday, March 2, 2008

Singin' the Bluez


If you are a loyal reader - all 2 of you :) - you know I was challenged by my BFF, StampVamp, to use a blue from each family... on ONE card. :) Now, I know how to work the angles with the best of 'em, but, alas, challenge precludes using extra cards to get all the shades in! And, I gotta tell you - this just ain't as easy as you would think! I was cruizin' along until it came time for that Brilliant Blue. Brilliant. In a perfect world, I would avoid that color on this card, but overall, I don't hate the outcome... That's sayin' a lot considering the cussin' coming from the stampin' lair for a while there! :) How existential... that's me channeling that Geico commercial, you know the one I mean... "this is a real Geico customer, so we've hired someone who inteviews people to blah, blah blah..." (It's a lot better than that uber-annoying Joan Rivers one... OMG, save me!) Okay, so I am not properly caffeinated this morning... or this afternoon! Holy frijoles, Batman! Raise your hand if you haven't been to the gym yet today...
****************************************
I would REALLY like to see some more answers to the Vamp's challenge. This was a good 'un!
****************************************
I ended up going with the following shades and embellies:
Bashful Blue (Soft Subtles) ~ paper
Not Quite Navy (Earth Elements) ~ paper and classic ink
Bordering Blue (Rich Regals) ~ paper
Brilliant Blue (Bold Brights) ~ paper and classic ink
Very Vanilla ~ paper and craft ink
Timber Brown StazOn
I used Office Accoutrement stamp set and the File Tab punch, wide Grosgrain in chocolate, a staple and a binder clip.

2 comments:

Tonya Klar said...

Great card! I like yours much better than mine..but you added brown!!! Bad girl!

Beth said...

Ahh, well.... better luck next time! :)