Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CHALK it up to a new experience...

Let me first preface this post with this caveat:  I am deep in the throes of spring cleaning and a major purging of STUFF, so finding time to spend with my stamps has been a challenge!   A big one!  

I have been wanting to use the Chalkboard technique since I saw it on SCS a while back.  For a first try, I am really happy with this one!  One thing that yblackpomchalkboardou don't see real well is that the highlighting layer is Sage Shadow, not white, like it appears here. (Yes, Vamp, I will eventually get an Ott.)

I used Essence of Love, on Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Sage Shadow and Pumpkin Pie.   It would have been great if I'd have noticed that I only had 4 black brads left before I punched all 6 holes... so I used 3 brushed silver brads with the black ones.     For the coloring, I used Very Vanilla craft ink with Stampin' Pastels.    Also, this is a 4.25"x4.25" sized card.  I like those small square ones!! 

ALSO, we had our wonderful All-Inclusive meeting this week with the incomparable Jane Kissel!  As always, her projects were rad and I have every intention of sharing them with you very soon... stay tuned!  For now I am late for Yoga!

  Beth

2 comments:

Tonya Klar said...

I got my Ott on Monday and life is NOT the same!!! How did I LIVE without it??? OMGosh!!!!!!

Oh...cute card, btw! Wait 'til you see what I have for YOU...

Beckie said...

I love this card Beth, very nice.